In what has already been an eventful week for winning awards, we’ve picked up yet another one at the BT Retail Week Technology Awards.
We won ‘Neoworks’ IT Team of the Year’, shortlisted against the ASOS Technology Team, the My John Lewis IT Delivery Team, M&S Direct, IT Team and the Screwfix, Business Change Department.
Our IT team were recognised for all their collaborative work with colleagues across the Group, creating technology solutions that not only improve the shopping trip for our customers but also make our business more efficient and more connected.
IT teams across UK, HSC, Central Europe and Asia have all worked on many major technology projects over the last year including:
- Launching Tesco Current Accounts
- Launching Hudl to our customers in the UK providing a low cost, customer friendly alternative some of the more established tablets
- Integrating our tills, Clubcard and petrol systems to launch an innovative loyalty campaign called Fuel Save which allows our customers to save up to 20p per litre on their petro
- Completing the international rollout of our online grocery home shopping systems in China and Turkey
- Delivering a new digital Clubcard system which has now been launched to customers across Central Europe and Asia
And coming up in the year ahead we have exciting plans to make our business even more efficient and connected by improving our grocery home shopping offer and our Tesco direct website, developing digital apps – there’s plenty more in the pipeline too!
A huge congratulations to all involved as well as all the other teams across the business who’ve helped make these projects a success too.